This plugin is a bookmarklet. A bookmarklet is a tiny program stored inside a browser bookmark, and it's typically executed by clicking a button in the browser's bookmarks/favorites toolbar. If you are unfamiliar with bookmarklets, please see the corresponding documentation for the Firefox and Chrome browsers.
To install bookmarklet, drag this text link to your browser's bookmarks/favorites toolbar: Convert Video!
The bookmarklet has been tested in the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. It may work in other browsers as well. That said, the plugin has not been heavily tested in other browsers, and thus support in other browsers may be limited.
You may need to enable or "unhide" the bookmarks/favorites toolbar in your browser. Some browsers do not have it enabled by default.
Additionally, if you are having trouble getting the plugin to work, then you can try initiating a "private" browser session first before using it. Please see the corresponding Firefox and Chrome documentation for instructions on how to achieve this.
To use bookmarklet, navigate to a YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Metacafe, VK, SoundCloud, Instagram, AOL, RedTube, YouPorn, Pornhub, Vevo, oder GoogleDrive video/audio page, click the bookmarklet in your browser's bookmarks/favorites toolbar to launch the plugin, choose a file type, and then press the "Go!" button. A new tab will open in your browser where the video/audio will automatically be converted on our site!
Important Notice For Webmasters !!!
(This notice can be safely deleted after installation.)
- The above "Convert Video!" text link may be placed on any page of your website.
- Edit the _APPROOT constant in Config.class.php to reflect the application root directory. So, if you have uploaded the app files to 'yoursite.com/app/', then you would set _APPROOT to '/app/'.
- Given an application root of 'yoursite.com/app/', CSS styles for the bookmarklet can be edited/modified in 'yoursite.com/app/bookmarklet/bookmarklet-styles.css'.
- Given an application root of 'yoursite.com/app/', relevant HTML markup (including bookmarklet help/instruction text) can be configured at the top of file 'yoursite.com/app/bookmarklet/bookmarklet.js'. Please do not edit other parts of this file unless you know what you are doing.
- Given an application root of 'yoursite.com/app/', the plugin logo image is located at 'yoursite.com/app/bookmarklet/img/logo.jpg'. You should replace the default logo with your own logo image.
- Changes to bookmarklet CSS and markup will automatically be available to consumers of the bookmarklet.
- Edit the _SSL_ENABLED constant in Config.class.php to indicate whether or not SSL is enabled on your server. Generally, the bookmarklet will NOT work on https:// video pages without SSL enabled.
- You can obtain a free SSL certificate from various online services. (To this end, both StartSSL and CloudFlare are sufficent.)
If SSL is NOT enabled on your web server, and your site users encounter problems, you can advise them to do one of the following:
- Sometimes a setting in the user's browser, OS, or anti-virus program will force a secure https:// connection if it's available. In that case, site users should disable this setting for a given video hosting site in order to use this plugin.
- Site users can initiate a "private" browser session first before using the plugin. Please see the corresponding Firefox and Chrome documentation for instructions on how to achieve this.
- The bookmarklet will not work on Facebook video pages, with or without SSL enabled on your server! Facebook has some sort of protection in place that prevents the insertion of even SSL-secured markup into its pages.
- The bookmarklet has been tested in the latest versions of Firefox and Chrome. It may work in other browsers as well. If for some reason the bookmarklet is not working, please report the issue in the help forum.
- If you need to, you can remove the Get Plugin page from the software/layout by deleting the following code:
<li><a href="plugin.php"><i class="fa fa-plug"></i><?php echo Menu_Plugin_Link; ?></a></li>